Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Please Enjoy Your Stay!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A - Final Confrontation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Mizukage
Mizukage
Kenji

A - Final Confrontation Empty
PostSubject: A - Final Confrontation   A - Final Confrontation EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Sonya

“So, that's where this mystery guy is, huh?” Hachi said, scratching his cheek as he looked up at the ruins in the middle of what was basically no where. “Odd place to live.”

They were in old, stone ruins, overgrown with moss and ivy. A river ran through the middle of it, leading to a large waterfall some distance away. According to the information the River Daimyo has given them, this was where the mastermind behind the whole conspiracy thing resided, at least usually. The name that they were given was Kato, a name that didn't really ring any bells to them at all. This was it, though, this was the last mission in this fiasco, the final confrontation. Whatever the plans were for eliminating Suna, they ended here today, one way or another.

“Keep your eyes open, and keep your guard up,” Jirobou commanded, leading the squad into the mess of fallen stone pillars and walls. An eery silence seemed to drift over the land, broken only by the brief gusts of wind that seemed to whistle and call to them. “There's no telling what's waiting for us here...”

“I don't see anything out of the ordinary... yet,” Sonya commented, looking around with her Sharingan. She didn't spot anything moving other than the occasional shrub blowing in the breeze.

“This place is really creepy...” Kana muttered, looking around carefully. “Who would want to live in a place like this...”

Hachi laughed. “Probably someone with social issues.”

Kana giggled at the response. “Yeah, you're probably ri-grrggrrg!” Her words were suddenly cut off. She stumbled back awkwardly, clutching at her throat. Waves of red gushed out from between her fingers and around her hands. In seconds, she fell backwards, causing her head to flap back, almost completely severed from her neck. The impact she made with the ground caused her head to finally dislodge completely, tearing away the remaining skin and bone.

“Kana!” Hachi screamed, jumping back in shock as he watched the med-nin's head roll across the ground. “What the fuck! What happened?!”

Sonya blinked absently, suddenly frozen as she saw Kana's now headless body hit the ground. “K-kan...na?” she uttered, mortified. What had happened? Why hadn't she seen the attack coming? Had she failed again? What was going on?!

“Shit, everyone, eight o'clock!” Jirobou called, jumping back on top of an old stone pillar. Sonya too leaped back, landing on a stone dome of a fallen building. She tried to regain her poise, but she couldn't take her eyes off the now dead Kana.

“Shit...shit, fuck, damn it,” Hachi said, swallowing a hard lump in his throat.

Looking up at their eight o'clock, they noticed a man standing there, wrapped in black bandages and robes. “Look at all the delicious morsels, come out to play...”

The man flicked his hand. Sonya saw something move through the air. She couldn't tell what it was, it was so fast; even her Sharingan had trouble keeping up with it. But what she could tell was that the attack was coming straight for her. Only barely did she manage to throw herself out of the way, the tip of the attack just slicing across the left side of her chin. She watched with awe as the stone dome she had just been standing on split cleanly in two, then collapsed inwards on itself.

“Sonya!” Hachi called, leaping closer to where she was. “Watch out!”

Another one of those slicing ribbons, as she could see, flicked through the air. Again, she could barely manage to avoid it. She had no doubt that her Sharingan was the only reason that she wasn't sliced in half right then. Landing awkwardly on her ankle, she let out a wince of pain and looked back up. She was just in time to see another attack slice straight at Hachi.

“Hachi!” she shrieked.

He wasn't paying attention, he was still moving towards her. He couldn't see the attack! A heavy mist of blood showered into the air, as Hachi's whole right side split clean open. He fell to the ground in a crumpled heap almost instantly and didn't move.

Sonya's heart tore apart at the sight. “NOOO!” she cried, not knowing if Hachi was dead or alive. It didn't look promising.

“Sonya, get back!” Jirobou shouted, ducking below one of the attacks and pushing her out of the way. She hadn't been paying attention and had almost received the same fate as the other two. They landed behind a cluster of ruins. “Damn it, Sonya, snap out of it, I need you right now!”

She blinked, looking blankly upwards, barely comprehending what was going on. She was still too much in shock over Kana and Hachi. She could barely even move straight.

“Fuck it all,” Jirobou muttered, moving around to the side of a pillar. He peered around the corner, only to duck and roll away almost instantly. The pillar split clean in two, collapsing. “Stay here Sonya, and try get your ass together. I'm going to see what I can do here...”

For a good while, Sonya lay there, the image of Hachi's body splitting open replaying itself a thousand times in her mind. She could still hear what was going on, though. She heard the sounds of Jirobou and that Kato person fighting. She even heard them talking. Kato was taunting them, mocking them. His goals had never been to have Ame and Tani rise up to take Suna's place. His plan had been for them to destroy each other and wipe them off both off the map. Then he'd harvest all those hundreds of newly fallen souls for their power... and begin a more global conquest. The man was crazed, insane. He thought he was some sort of reaper, sent to bring death and torment to the world.

Then, she heard Jirobou fall. She heard the sound of freshly cut flesh tearing open. She heard him cry out in pain, and then there was nothing. Was he dead? Was she the only one left? No, no, no, no, no! This couldn't be happening! Not again! But what was she going to do? What could she do? She had failed again, ailed to save her comrades... she was worthless.

No. No, not again. She couldn't just lay down and die. She couldn't let everyone down. Not again. That isn't what Aimi would want her to do. Aimi... she would want Sonya to keep fighting, to bring justice to Kato and gain revenge for her comrades... She had to fight. She could do this. She just had to get a plan together.

Moments later, Sonya appeared out from behind her hiding place. She saw a flickering attack again, another slicing ribbon. But she let it hit her. The shadow clone poofed from existence. The real Sonya used the information to know where the attack had come from, where Kato was currently facing, where his attention was. She moved around to the opposite side, made more shadow clones. This little game of cat and mouse continued, until finally she had everything set up.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are...” Kato called, glancing around the quiet ruins, stained with blood. “We're having so much fun.”

Sonya stepped out into the open again, Sharingan piercing at her enemy.

Kato eyed her curiously. “Oh, another clone is it? Where is the real one I wonder... over here?” he slashed across the ruins to his left. “Or over here?” He slashed to the right. “Or maybe here?!” Behind him this time.

Sonya still stood in place. “I'm right here, ass fuck,” she said, finishing her hand signs. She raised her hand to her mouth and let out a powerful jet of fire at him, intent on burning him alive. He jumped up straight into the air, avoiding the attack.

“So close, yet so far! A shame...” he taunted, glaring back at her. “You're going to have to do better than that.

“The only shame here is how god awfully ugly you are,” was her response, as she cast her genjutsu on him.

Giant metal stakes fell from the sky and drove into his body. He couldn't move anymore, and he was still trapped in mid air, falling now. Then, from three different directions, pinwheel shurikens flew through the air at him. Wire was attached to the projectiles, circling around him and wrapping him tight, binding him. He landed hard on the ground, squirming. He couldn't do anything, not with the wire and painful spikes nailing him down.

The three clones that had thrown the shuriken now stepped out into the open as well. They each held one end of their attached wire and held it to their mouths. In unison, they each spit out a wave of fire that traveled along the wire and met Kato in the middle. They held the fire for as long as their chakra would allow, until the man had been cooked alive, his screams splitting through the air. The smell was wretched...

Sonya finally made her clones disappear and walked over to the burnt corpse. To be sure, she took out a kunai and brutally removed the man's head, cutting and hacking at it repeatedly until it pulled free. Then, she tossed the weapon away and staggered back towards the center of the ruins, passing by Kana's headless corpse. There she found Jirobou, lying motionlessly with a twisted look of surprise frozen on his dead visage. She felt a twinge of pain strike her heart, and looked away.

Finally, she came to Hachi. He wasn't moving, but he was breathing, barely. She knelt down beside him and held a hand to his shoulder. Swallowing hard, she gazed down at his wound, knowing it was far too severe for anyone to help him. At the reluctant acceptance that he was going to die, she just hung her head and started to cry.

“Hey... hey...” Hachi uttered, weakly. He somehow found the strength to reach up and hold her arm. “It's not... that bad... I'll be fine, you... you know? Not in this life... maybe, but the... next one.”

“It's my fault,” Sonya said, shaking her head. Her tears scattered in the air and fell on Hachi's cheeks. “I... I let it happen, again. I should have been able to help you.”

Hachi let out a weak, pained laugh. “Your fault... no, my fault. I wasn't... paying attention. Stupid me... Whatever you do, Sonya... don't you dare go blaming yourself for... for the deaths here. This is... the way of the shinobi. It... these things... they happen. They're unavoidable... you know that. So... so just keep fighting alright? You've come... such a long way since we first met. You remember that day? You were... ha, you were so nervous... and shy too. New village... new people... new job. But you were the most interesting girl I'd met in spite of that. The only thing I wish I could have done different... was ask you out earlier. Then maybe... we could have gone on that date.”

Sonya hiccuped and sniffled, but couldn't bring herself to say anything, except, “I'm sorry.”

“Eh, don't be... like I said, not your fault...” Hachi coughed, spitting up a mouthful of blood. “Just one more thing... that restaurant I was talking about... it's called Kasumi's Bar and Grill. It really is... a nice place... check it out some... some... time.” And with those words, Hachi's eyes slowly close, as he exhaled his final breath.

Sonya hiccuped again and held his body close to her, touching her forehead to his, as she continued to sob. “I will, Hachi... I promise.”

AP: 4
TP: 1600
Ryo: 1600
Mood: Broken
Condition: Exhausted
Stamina: 2 • Speed: 3 • Strength: 1 • Intelligence: 3 • Chakra Control: 1
Ninjutsu: 3 • Taijutsu: 2 • Genjutsu: 4
AP: 35/50
TP: 19797

Back to top Go down
https://narutogenerations.rpg-board.net

A - Final Confrontation