Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Please Enjoy Your Stay!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finding Dharma (Part 1 - C Rank)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

Finding Dharma (Part 1 - C Rank) Empty
PostSubject: Finding Dharma (Part 1 - C Rank)   Finding Dharma (Part 1 - C Rank) EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:46 am

Uchiha Satori

"There are chakras everywhere you happen to look. The earth, these trees, those birds all possess immense amounts of energy. Here in this temple, we train to convert these life energies into physical power. This is where the energy for all of the streetlights of our village comes from." A bald priest stood before the Uchiha clansman, his arms folded as he spoke to the young genin. The Kumo temple was a vast one; it held a number of gardens that contained flowers ranging wistaria to rare breeds of roses. "I see, so this is where it all happens. I always found it strange that the streetlights seem to never go off. That is a massive amount of chakra for just a group of priests to manage. There must be something else involved." The priest nodded, "Of course there is, the majority of the energy for the processes within this village is run by the greatest priest of all. The Raikage, Aosagibi." The genin flinched suddenly; the Raikage was the one powering the entire village?! That was just unheard of! He found it strange that a couple dozen monks could power the lights, but for it to come from one man was just... madness! The monk seemed to notice the genin's surprise, "Why should that surprise you? The Raikage is a genius when it comes to converting energy from one to another. He can turn the air into chakra to pump into those lights. That's how he managed to single-handedly unite the factions during the War of the Clouds without breaking much of a sweat. But that is not of importance right now. What is important is the task that we have hired you for, which only a shinobi can perform. We need you to ignite the lamps on each of those twelve pillars. Climbing up should be no problem; the issue lies in lighting the lamps as they are made with a special wick that will only ignite at a certain temperature." The genin nodded and began to work, climbing each pillar with a certain amount of chakra on his feet. The priest was right, climbing the pillars was relatively easy; lighting the wicks was a completely different issue. For some reason, the matches that the priests provided were not sufficient for lighting the obdurate wicks. The genin frowned; it was work that only a shinobi could do. Lighting the wicks would require some form of chakra use, the problem lay in choosing the right one. He looked down at the priest, "I get it, you want me to draw on the chakras around me to light these wicks. It's a test, to see whether or not you guys want to accept me into your ranks. This is a rudimentary trick, as you can see, I need only use ninjutsu and the wicks will be lighted." The genin formed hand seals and sure enough, the wicks were instantly lit. The priest grinned and nodded, "Very well, good work. I cannot say that I am surprised. Here is your reward, hopefully we will see each other again soon."

Mood: Apathetic
Condition: Fine
Stamina: 2 • Speed: 1 • Strength: 1 • Intelligence: 2 • Chakra control: 2
Ninjutsu: 2 • Taijutsu: 1 • Genjutsu: 2
AP: 0
TP: 0

518/500
Back to top Go down

Finding Dharma (Part 1 - C Rank)
Page 1 of 1