Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Please Enjoy Your Stay!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cathedral of the Shounin

Go down 
+5
Tret16
Novaix
Mahiko
Kenji
Nyrax
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

Cathedral of the Shounin Empty
PostSubject: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptySat May 28, 2011 5:58 pm

A long ago abandoned cathedral that now rests in a no man's land. Most worshipers have long since abandoned this location, leaving only the truly faithful to wander its halls. As the main door is opened you see a long chapel-like room, with pews and chairs adorning the sides of the room. At the end of the room is a pulpit, where priests and clergy used to make their announcements to the believers. The entire building is lined with cobwebs, dark markings, half lit candles that give the dimmest glow, and ancient books and scrolls. To any who do not believe, walking in gives them nothing but a sense or horror and fear. To those who do believe, it is the warmest of feeling of safety. The second floor is lined with several rooms for those who keep the building alive, The Shounin. Each member has their own room with which they are allowed to customize to their own personal taste. On the final floor though, there is one room for the High Priest to rest and pray, waiting for the message to be sent from his master.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Chishio Itami

Itami rested upon his knees, almost in a sitting position as his face sat perfectly still, eyes shut as he continued about his meditation. He had been at it for at least two days now, not stopping for food or water. He had the feeling! He knew that there was a message he needed to hear, a sign that he needed to be prepared for. He would not fail his master, fail his God. As he felt his resolution, he felt that he heard the tiniest prompting come to his mind. "Bleed", a tiny whisper spoke.

He had heard this prompting before, so hesitating was not an option. This was the sign! He quickly arose, before pulling out a sharp ceremonial knife from the floor. The blade alone was covered in dried blood, a sign of the ritual being used more than ones. After making a single hand sign, he felt his heart beginning to pump at a rapid rate, everything was complete. He removed the top portion of his priest robe, leaving him bare chested in the middle of the room. Without any further hesitation, Itami brought the knife down at his chest. It hurt but only for a moment, Itami knew that his God was not going to force him to suffer when it was necessary. He saw the stream of blood falling to the floor, rapidly falling across the grooves of the floor, moving along the cuts that had been etched so long ago. The blood fell randomly, but there was always something about it. He watched for a few moments as an image came forth. "Praise the Almighty", Itami said with a grin.

It was only a moment later that he quickly donned his robe once again, quickly making for the stairs that lead to the second floor. As he descended down them, he decided that there was no sense in hiding his pleasure. "Aki! Aki come quickly!", Itami shouted as he made it to the second floor. "There has been a sign!"
Mood: Divine
Condition: Excellent
Stamina: 5 • Speed: 5 • Strength: 1 • Intelligence: 1 • Chakra control: 5
Ninjutsu: 5 • Taijutsu: 0 • Genjutsu: 3
AP: 0
TP: 0
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Mizukage
Mizukage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Miyako Akiyama

"Heeeyahh!" Akiyama exclaimed, letting out the sharp screaming exhale, as she struck the dummy with full force. The wood splintered under her blow. She brought back her arm and next sent kick to the dummy, this time causing it to break in half. As the top half fell in midair, she kicked it high into the arching loft of the cathedral. Instantly, she performed a series of handsigns and formed a large, hexagonal crystal shuriken. She threw it furiously, propelling it through the air at blinding speeds. It struck the splintered dummy dead center and pinned it to the ceiling.

Taking in a deep breath, Aki lowered herself to one knee and rested. She had been training all morning, since dawn. It was now after noon time, well past lunch. Her body's hard muscles tensed from exertion, glowing with a light sheen of sweat. It wasn't until she heard Itami calling for her that she finally stood up. It had been months since she had been visited by their God in her dreams, and been told to seek this man out. When she found him, she pledged herself to him, to whatever he asked of her, so that they might see their God reborn one day.

She blinked at him for several moments, allowing him to catch his breath after running so quickly up the stairs to her. his robes were soaked with a dark liquid, too, the results of another ritual, no doubt. Finally, she crouched on one knee again and bowed her head. "A sign... at last, after so much waiting. What will our God have us do?"
Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy
Stamina: 4 • Speed: 4 • Strength: 4 • Intelligence: 4 • Chakra Control: 4
Ninjutsu: 5 • Taijutsu: 0 • Genjutsu: 0

Last edited by Kenji on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://narutogenerations.rpg-board.net
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Chishio Itami

Itami smiled as Aki once she showed her eagerness to hear what their God had said unto them. "Before I begin, I realized something as I went through the ritual today", he began. "Once I stabbed myself, it was almost like a knife piercing air, I couldn't feel a single inch of steel nor pain", Itami said in a soft voice. "At first I didn't understand why, but now I realize what was meant by it. He is pleased with us Aki, he is pleased that we sought out the truth and have stayed strong ever since. I'm certain he wanted me to tell you that", Itami said with a tiny nod. Aki's faith was some of the strongest that he had ever seen, he felt like she deserved to hear how proud their God was of her.

"In regards to the message, he wants us to prepare for someone. Someone that will prove extremely useful to us", Itami began. "When the blood first started to fall to the ground, I couldn't tell what it was. Once my blood stopped flowing across the floor, I recognized that they were numbers on the ground, a reference to ancient scripture", Itami said before opening up a book that he had been holding at his side, it was a book that he never left except on his person. It was a guidebook for him, just like all scripture is meant to be. Itami began to read:

"And the Shark rose from the sea and moved forward, striking and destroying everything in its path. It moved forward with power and wrath, striking down any that got in the way of the beast. It kept moving, not knowing purpose, pain, of direction, and thus the beast seemed doomed to wander for eternity. When the shark had given up all hope, he heard the tiniest voice, a voice that said 'Follow me, and your strength will be mine'. The beast followed the voice, only to find a blood soaked man and several other beings, and thus the shark moved towards it's new master"

Itami glanced up after reading. "This can only mean one thing", he said as he glanced towards the entrance of the Cathedral. "Aki, someone who has deserted Kiri is being set to us by our God. He has seen the cleansing and is on his way to prove that he will be able to help us.............he brings the legendary Samehada with him"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Mizukage
Mizukage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:54 pm

Miyako Akiyama

Aki bowed her head lower as she listened to Itami speak. She couldn't help but feel conflicted at the news, a bittersweet sorts. A sign that there was another to join their cause was surely a cause for celebration. Anyone willing to aid them would be welcomed. And yet, for the longest time it had been just her and Itami. She wasn't quite used to dealing with other people, nor did she know how she would cope with it.

"I see," she said, finally lifting her head. "That is good news, then, to have another join our cause. But I still cannot help but wonder when our God will have us act. We have awaited so long to bring him into our world again... I am afraid I grow anxious."

Last edited by Kenji on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:16 am

Chishio Itami

"I am certain that he has his reasons. Perhaps it is to put more patience into us. I'm certain that what he'll ask of us is not an easy thing. There are so many religions that believe in a god, and yet God never asks anything of them. You and I hear the true voice, you and I know that there is so much more that we are capable of", Itami said with a smile before extending a hand to Aki. "Come, let us walk and talk.......I always enjoy our chats together"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Mizukage
Mizukage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:25 am

Miyako Akiyama

"Of course," Aki said quietly, taking Itami's hand and pulling herself to her feet. An air of silence drifted through the decrepit cathedral for several moments. She took a step towards him and held onto his arm. "Let us talk."

Back to top Go down
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:29 am

Chishio Itami

Itami smiled before turning and slowly making their way down the stairs. He had been meditating in his room for two days, seeing a bit of sun and smelling some fresh air would be great right now. "I hope you don't mind if we walk outside, a nice breeze would do me a world of good right now", he admitted as he continued towards the exit. "Tell me, have you been training straight for the past two days? Or have you been busy with other things as well?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Mizukage
Mizukage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptySun May 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Miyako Akiyama

"No problem at all," she replied, thinking that it would indeed be good to take a trip outside and get some fresh air. After being cooped up inside this old cathedral for so long, it would be a welcomed difference. At the question, she shrugged her shoulders. "Training, mostly. I would not be doing our God proud if I were to grow rusty while sitting around here and waiting. I aim to keep sharp, and strong for him, and for you.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptySun May 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Chishio Itami

Itami's smile continued to stay as the words continued to flow from Aki's mouth. "More so than anyone else, I have never met someone that had as strong a connection to our God as you do. I know that he smiles upon you, and will rewards you greatly in this life and the next for all you're going to accomplish", Itami said as they moved through the old wood door and into the outside. As the sun shone down on them, Itami just turned to Aki. "Thank you for being so strong and patient. If all had the strength and resolve that you did............I believe that Hell itself would shake in fear of you"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Mizukage
Mizukage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:19 am

Miyako Akiyama

"There is no need to thank me," Aki said in response to Itami's praise. She didn't need him to praise her, even if on the inside she appreciated it. "I do what is required of me for our God, nothing more, nothing less. I would travel to Hell and back if He asked it. I would do the same, too, if you asked it."

Back to top Go down
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyMon May 30, 2011 3:51 am

Chishio Itami

"I know that you would, and that is why I need to thank you. What we are asked to do is a lonely job, it's why it's important that we help to lift and strengthen one another", Itami said as he looked up at the sky. "Whoever our God sends to us, we will need to make sure that we work together and do our best to see past one another's flaws. These people will want to serve God as much as we do, but out personalities will still be different. We have not all had the same experiences", Itami said as he glanced at Aki. He knew all about her brother, and about what those monsters at Kumo had done to him. He understood her anger and betrayal.

Itami let out a tiny laugh. "Forgive me for my rambling, after spending two days by myself I guess my mouth is running itself off isn't it?", he asked.
Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:54 am

Susano'o

A series of deep breaths could be heard as a lone figure came limping to the outer areas of the Shounin Temple. The figure, for the most part, looked disgusting; parts of his form would hang from his body like semi-liquid goo. The salt-water of Kiri's oceans had limited the Seven Swordsman's ability to hydrolyze completely. How he managed to get to this point would remain a mystery; his only hope was that he would be falling into the hands of friendly neighbors. Samehada seemed to agree, its hilt wrapping around the Sannin's shoulder as if to encourage him to continue going. The journey would prove too much as the warrior suddenly collapsed, his goo-like body mixing with the the earthen floor.

Mood: Eerie
Condition: Tired
Stamina: 5 • Speed: 4 • Strength: 3 • Intelligence: 1 • Chakra control: 3
Ninjutsu: 4 • Taijutsu: 5 • Genjutsu: 0
AP: 2
TP: 400
Back to top Go down
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Chishio Itami

Itami suddenly turned as he thought that he heard something in the distance. "You hear that?", Itami asked Aki as he closed his eyes. He felt his heart beginning to beat fast, but it wasn't out of nerves or fear or anything of that sort. He had only felt this twice before, once after he killed his parents, and right before Aki showed up. Itami let a smile come to his face. "He's here", he said as he took a step forward just as a figure came into view. "It's him.......he is here Aki", Itami said as the figure collapsed, turning into......water apparently. Itami didn't see that one coming.

"Come Aki", Itami said as he quickly made his way over to the collapsed figure. The Samehada was lying on top of him, just as Itami had foreseen. He gave a small smile. "Thank you God, thank you for allowing another to see the light and come amidst our rank", Itami said with a thankful heart before touching the water. He muttered a few silent words as his hands rested upon the book. Susanoo wouldn't be able to explain it, but he'd feel the energy coming back to him as if it had never left him. "Rise dearest brother......you are amongst friends now"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Mizukage
Mizukage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Miyako Akiyama

Aki was a little disappointed when their new member suddenly appeared. Here she had been enjoying a lovely conversation with her savior, and it had to be instead interrupted. She managed to hide her annoyance, however. Itami wouldn't like that. Instead, she watched curiously as the liquefying man stumbled and collapsed into a puddle. "He... turned into water?" she wondered aloud. She was a bit confused... what was wrong with him? "Is... he the one that is supposed to help us?"

Last edited by Kenji on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Chishio Itami

"It's a clan from Kiri, I have to admit that I wasn't aware that any of them were still alive", Itami said as he withdrew his hand away from the liquid man. He had done what he needed to, the rest was up to him. He had to embrace The Beloved, feel the strength that would come to him once he embraced the truth of his existence. It was the same for Itami, and Aki had done the same thing four months ago. He turned to Aki and gave her a soft smile. "He's ready Aki.......The Gathering has begun", he said as he rested one hand on top of hers. "Soon our purpose will become clear, this man is the beginning", he said as he glanced down to Susanoo once again. "The time of waiting is drawing to an end"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Mizukage
Mizukage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Miyako Akiyama

"Then that truly is good news," Aki said, taking Itami's hand tightly in her own. As much as this new person's arrival irked her, it marked the end of the waiting period. At last, they could be gin to act and set their plans into motion. Their God would be most pleased with them. He would reward them once he had finally been reborn, and reshaped the world in His image. "I almost feel that such an event should be marked by celebration... but then again, I wouldn't know where to begin."

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Susano'o

"Aww.... Shit..." The young jōnin groaned as he felt a certain strength quiver within his bones. It was a strange feeling sure enough; one second, he was on the verge of certain death, and the next moment he was on patch of grass staring into the eyes of a bloodied man and his bloody-haired mistress. For an instant, he was afraid that he was in the midst of cannibals, but that fear quickly evaporated as the conversation of the two figures progressed. "Well, if you're looking for a celebration, we could start with some booze. And less clothing." He would have chanced a wink, had he not suspected the anger of the bloodied man. From the looks of it, the two must have been lovers or roommates or something; judging from the admiration in the chick's voice at least. The jōnin let out a groan before pushing himself upright, his eyes staring blankly at the ground which, only moments before, had attempted to devour him.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:01 am

Chishio Itami

"There will be plenty of time for that later", Itami said as he let go of Aki's hands. The man was waking up, and thus deserved their full attention. He had been through some kind of ordeal, and they'd have to help him get back from it. As the man made his comments, Itami did nothing but stare at him. Despite his confidence that this was the man they were waiting for, he would not chance it. He turned to Aki slowly. "Go inside and fetch some water and perhaps a tiny something to eat. The man looks exhausted. Thank you Aki", Itami said before turning back to the man.

"Now than, I must admit that you were not fully what I was expecting. Can't say that hasn't happened to me before", Itami said as he stared right into Susanoo's eyes. "First off, I need your name. And than I need to know why you're here, and how you came about to this place in particular"
Mood: Curious
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Mizukage
Mizukage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:05 am

Miyako Akiyama

"Yes... of course, Itami," he said, turning back to go inside the cathedral to get some water and something to eat for their new guest. She took a small glance back at the man, still unsure about him. He was not at all as she expected someone joining their cause to be. But if Itami said he was the right one... then she would go along with it.

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:44 am

Susano'o

"The name's Susano'o. Member of the Seven Swordsmen, and former member of Kirigakure. If you couldn't tell already, I got in a bit of a scuffle back home, ended up killing two of my former swordsmen. I don't even remember how it all happened." He placed his palm on his head, his eyes squinted as he tried desperately to recall the events that got him to his present circumstance. True, there'd be no one in the world who'd believe his story, but he'd chance it on this sucker, maybe scare him away and take the redhead for himself. "A voice told me to do it. Don't know why, don't know how, but I heard one. It just said 'kill', so I went ahead and did it. Everything went blank when it happened, but when I came to, I was already sprinting towards the beach, trying to escape. It..." He looked away in embarrassment; there was no way the guy would believe this. Absolutely no way. He'd have to be a maniac to. "It told me to stop at that point, and I did, and next thing I know, a friggin' tidal wave (the likes of which the village has never seen before) sweeps onto the shore and gives me a chance to escape. The wave carried me to this shore, half-beaten, so here I am."

Back to top Go down
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:11 am

Chishio Itami

Itami listened curiously to the story that the man told. He had heard the voice, but why had their God not told this man directly who he was. Itami only needed to think for a moment though, for the answer became clear. It was a trial of the man's faith, to see if he was willing to do what was necessary. It was a most interesting case, and Itami wasn't completely certain what to do next. He mentally said the fastest prayer for guidance that he could think of, hoping that his words would be guided by The Beloved. "Tell me, do you feel regret over what you have done? And if I could tell you who this voice is, would you want to learn?", Itami asked as he looked right at Susanoo. This man was a potential brother, and Itami wanted to make sure that he was given a fair chance with this whole thing. He believed his story, but if he wasn't willing to commit than he was going to be of zero value.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Mizukage
Mizukage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:09 am

Miyako Akiyama

Aki returned several minutes later carrying a watter bottle and a plate of rice cakes. She stood off to the side for the moment, allowing Itami and the newcomer to finish their conversation, though she did set the nourishment down next to Susano'o so that he could consume it at his leisure. She suspected that he would be doing so shortly, he did look rather exhausted after all.

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Susano'o

"Regret? Peh, regret's for the people who were too weak to change circumstances. If those two swordsmen were too weak to fend off an inexperienced teenager, then they shouldn't have had the audacity to pick up the blades in the first place. My only regret is not taking the swords when I had a chance." He spat in disgust to the side, only to notice the silver-haired beauty make her way towards him with a tray of food. "She cooks too? What a perfect 'gal you got there." He quickly reached over and took a mouthful of food before turning back to Itami. "The voice, it ain't just any person, is it? I can care less who it is; what's more important is how this guy knows me, and why he told me to kill those maggots when he did. You tell me that, then I'm satisfied. Why me? Hell, I've barely got any kind of a childhood, and the only real skills I possess are in combat."

Back to top Go down
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Chishio Itami

Itami moved into a sitting position, opposite of Susanoo. He didn't want him to feel like Itami was talking down to him. After all, Susanoo might soon be another brother in the faith, and thus should be treated with respect. He motioned for Aki to sit down next to him, her own testimony and belief might be able to help Susanoo find his way. "That voice was not just your conscience or your own thoughts", Itami began. "It was the voice of God, The Beloved. He knows you because he's seen your heart and your true potential, and he wants to help you reach it", Itami said with a tiny smile on his face. "He told you to leave when you did as a sort of........test", Itami said as he tried to find the proper wording. "He wanted to see how willing you were to listen to your heart and what you felt was right, rather than just instinct or logic", he explained further. "Tell me Susanoo, have you ever felt like you were meant for something great? Like there was something in the World that only YOU were meant to fix?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral of the Shounin   Cathedral of the Shounin Empty

Back to top Go down

Cathedral of the Shounin